Carol is the current CEO of Painaustralia, the peak national body working to improve the quality of life of people living with pain, their families and carers, and to minimise the social and economic burden of pain.
Over the last two decades, Carol has worked at senior executive levels in national health and aged care organisations and has served on national and international boards and advisory groups. She is passionate about improving the way health and aged care systems respond to the needs of the people they serve.
Carol’s CEO experience spans roles based in Canberra and Melbourne largely in the non-government sector on a range of health and aged care issues:
* National CEO of Alzheimer’s Australia
* CEO, Consumers Health Forum of Australia
* CEO, Rural Health Workforce Australia
* Executive Officer, Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association.
Boards and advisory groups Carol has served on include:
* National Health and Medical Research Council
* the inaugural Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency Paramedicine Board
* National Aged Care Quality Council, Aged Care Sector Committee, National Aged Care Alliance (executive member), Board of Dementia Australia
* International Alliance of Patient Organisations
* Medicines Australia Advisory Council
* Trustee of the Southcare Rescue Helicopter Fund Pty Ltd
* Director of Lifeline Canberra and Beacon Group.
Carol holds a Bachelor of Science (UC) and a Masters in Public Policy (ANU).